More than a Gym
Please read the Health and Fitness questions and answer bellow, if you answer YES to any of the questions you should check with your doctor before undertaking any strenuous physical exercise
Have you ever suffered from a heart condition?
Do you feel pain in your chest when doing physical exercise?
Have you felt any chest pains in the past month, when you were not performing any physical exercise?
Do you often feel faint or suffer from spells of dizziness?
Do you have a bone or joint problem that could be made worse by strenuous physical exercise?
Is your doctor currently prescribing you any medication for your blood pressure or a heart condition?
Do you know of any other reason why you should not take part in physical activity?
If you answered YES to one or more questions you should consult with your doctor to clarify it is safe to partake in physical exercise.
If you answered NO to all of the questions then it is assumed reasonably safe for you to partake in The Norwich Fitness Academy Bootcamps. If your health status changes at any point and you were to answer yes to any of the above questions, this form is invalid and you need to consult your doctor to determine it is safe for you to continue with physical exercise.
Participation Terms & Conditions
1. Purpose and Explanation of Fitness Assessments & Physical Activity. The selection of exercises and the intensity of the physical exercise will be deemed appropriate based on your health history and current level of fitness.
2. Risk and Discomforts. There are inherent risks associated with any form of physical activity. Training may result in acute muscle and/or joint pain, pulled muscles, brief changes in blood pressure, light headedness, dizziness, delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS), more chronic conditions such as tendonitis, fast or slow irregular heart rhythm, abnormal blood pressure changes, light headedness, dizziness, fainting, chest pain, and other discomforts. Any type of physical activity may in rare instances lead to heart attack, stroke or death, but this is unusual, especially in participants free of known coronary heart disease (CHD), free of any signs or symptoms of CHD, and with few major risk factors of CHD. Training should be modified or postponed if injury is present or if pain or symptoms persist.
3. Responsibilities of the Participant. It is important that you fully disclose your personal health history, any medications you are taking, and any symptoms you may be experiencing during exercise. Such symptoms would include joint pain, irregular heart rhythm, tightness or pressure in your chest, unusual shortness of breath, light headedness, dizziness and the like. It is also important that you adhere to the recommendations of your instructor especially with regard to the choice and intensity of exercises you perform. You should not exceed the recommended exercise intensity (as measured by weight lifted or exercise heart rate) and you should not exercise when you are injured, sick or not otherwise feeling well.
4. Inquiries. An important part of the informed consent process is providing you the opportunity to enquire about any aspect of the forthcoming fitness assessments and physical activity. If you have any questions or concerns whatsoever, please feel free to ask.
5. Use of Medical Records and Information. Any information gathered (such as health history information, signs or symptoms of disease, etc.) will be kept confidential to the extent provided by law. No identifiable information will be released or revealed to any other party without your written consent.
6. Freedom of Consent. I agree to voluntarily participate in the fitness assessments and physical activity outlined & discussed. I understand that I am free to deny consent if I so desire now or at any point in the program.
Please Read the Following Statements Carefully.
I acknowledge that I have read this form in its entirety or it has been read to me, and I understand my responsibility in future participation. I accept the risks, rules, and regulations set forth. I consent to participate in forthcoming fitness assessment & physical activity. If I am accidentally injured during fitness assessments or physical activity, The Norwich Fitness Academy will be unable to provide medical treatment. If injured, I will be responsible to seek treatment with my own physician or primary care provider. Furthermore, I, for myself and my heirs, fully release from liability and waive all legal claims against The Norwich Fitness Academy for injury or damage that I might incur during participation.
Terms & Conditions
The monthly direct debit cost is calculated over 49 weeks of the year. Therefore, the owners can take a maximum of 3 weeks Holiday without providing a refund throughout the course of the year. However, when possible, cover would be arranged in the event of Katharine Appleton & James Bradshaw’s absence. Notice will always be provided if this event occurs.
The payment will be taken on a set day each month via an external company, unless stated otherwise. There will be no obligation or contract to continue payments. Therefore the direct debit can be cancelled at any point, provided that at least 7 days notice has been given to the direct debit company or ourselves in order to cancel the payment in time.
The company ‘GoCardless’ may appear on your Bank Statement and you will receive an email with instructions to set up your Direct Debit.
All Memberships are non refundable with exception to illness or injury. In which case a signed notice from a medical professional must be provided.
Unlimited Bootcamp access is for scheduled Bootcamps only. Membership does not provide access to the gym in between Bootcamps. The Membership allows you access to a all Bootcamps (if space available). We aim to add more Bootcamps to our schedule in due course, however the timetable is at the managers discretion. Notice will always be provided in the event of a cancelled Bootcamp.