Participation Terms & Conditions
1. Purpose and Explanation of Fitness Assessments & Physical Activity. The selection of exercises and the intensity of the physical exercise will be deemed appropriate based on your health history and current level of fitness.
2. Risk and Discomforts. There are inherent risks associated with any form of physical activity. Training may result in acute muscle and/or joint pain, pulled muscles, brief changes in blood pressure, light headedness, dizziness, delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS), more chronic conditions such as tendonitis, fast or slow irregular heart rhythm, abnormal blood pressure changes, light headedness, dizziness, fainting, chest pain, and other discomforts. Any type of physical activity may in rare instances lead to heart attack, stroke or death, but this is unusual, especially in participants free of known coronary heart disease (CHD), free of any signs or symptoms of CHD, and with few major risk factors of CHD. Training should be modified or postponed if injury is present or if pain or symptoms persist.
3. Responsibilities of the Participant. It is important that you fully disclose your personal health history, any medications you are taking, and any symptoms you may be experiencing during exercise. Such symptoms would include joint pain, irregular heart rhythm, tightness or pressure in your chest, unusual shortness of breath, light headedness, dizziness and the like. It is also important that you adhere to the recommendations of your instructor especially with regard to the choice and intensity of exercises you perform. You should not exceed the recommended exercise intensity (as measured by weight lifted or exercise heart rate) and you should not exercise when you are injured, sick or not otherwise feeling well.
4. Inquiries. An important part of the informed consent process is providing you the opportunity to enquire about any aspect of the forthcoming fitness assessments and physical activity. If you have any questions or concerns whatsoever, please feel free to ask.
5. Use of Medical Records and Information. Any information gathered (such as health history information, signs or symptoms of disease, etc.) will be kept confidential to the extent provided by law. No identifiable information will be released or revealed to any other party without your written consent.
6. Freedom of Consent. I agree to voluntarily participate in the fitness assessments and physical activity outlined & discussed. I understand that I am free to deny consent if I so desire now or at any point in the program.
Please Read the Following Statements Carefully.
I acknowledge that I have read this form in its entirety or it has been read to me, and I understand my responsibility in future participation. I accept the risks, rules, and regulations set forth. I consent to participate in forthcoming fitness assessment & physical activity. If I am accidentally injured during fitness assessments or physical activity, The Norwich Fitness Academy will be unable to provide medical treatment. If injured, I will be responsible to seek treatment with my own physician or primary care provider. Furthermore, I, for myself and my heirs, fully release from liability and waive all legal claims against The Norwich Fitness Academy for injury or damage that I might incur during participation.
There is a 24 hour cancellation policy for all purchased sessions. If less than 24 hours’ notice is given, or upon failure to attend a pre booked session, the session will be lost or will be charged for.
All Packages are for the stated time scale only, or to be used within 6 months of date of purchase. You must use your sessions within that time scale unless agreed otherwise.
All Packages are non- refundable, with exception for injury or illness, in which case a doctor’s note is required. The refund is only valid in the allotted time scale of the package purchased. Once the package has expired, you are no longer eligible for a refund.